Friday, January 18, 2013

Loving the Love....From Sunshine Cottage

It is easy to tell when Logan's cochlear devices are working properly.  The front of each of his sound processors has an indicator light that blinks green when it is connected and working properly. If there is a problem or the coil is not sitting on his head correctly the light will blink orange.

For the past few weeks we've had intermittent problems with Logan's right side device. At first it would start blinking orange until we removed the coil from his head and repositioned it.  I finally solved this issue when I changed out the cable that goes from the processor to the coil that sits on his head.

I thought all our issues were over until a few days ago. I've made a habit to check the indicator lights throughout the day to make sure everything is working so that he gets as much access to language as possible. Well several times throughout the day I found that the sound processor had powered off.  Each time this happened, I turned it back on and made sure I locked the buttons just in case little fingers were getting to them.

Today I called Logan's awesome audiologist Marci from Sunshine Cottage about the issue and we did some troubleshooting together. She was leaving early to spend the weekend with family in another city and gave me her cell phone number in case I needed anything. She even called to check in with me after she left work.

Everything seemed to be fine until we got home from picking Jasmine up from her preschool. When I got Logan out of the car I noticed his processor was off. When I went to turn it on, nothing happened! I tried for several minutes and still nothing. So I tried a different, fully charged battery and it still didn't turn on. I immediately got out my phone to call Marci to let her know what was going on.  I can't even begin to express how awesome she is and how well she takes care of us.  She immediately called Cochlear Americas to overnight a premapped replacement sound processor. To ensure this could even happen, she had to take all Logan's mapping information with her on her trip.

I am so amazed by the love Logan has received from the wonderful women that work with him. This is just another example of how much they care for him and his success. Marci didn't have to do all this for us. She could have told me that I needed to call Cochlear Americas and work it out with them. But instead she chose to take time while she was off the clock to ensure Logan gets what he needs. She even asked me to let her know as soon as it arrives so that she knows he has it and that it is working properly.  We are so lucky to have these women in our lives and I am thankful for them everyday.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful place with awesome people Sunshine Cottage is!

    ReplyDelete