Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Physical Therapy Update

Logan had his physical therapy session today and, since I had asked how he was doing a couple of weeks ago, his therapist went ahead and did an informal evaluation today.  I was still concerned that, although he seems to be doing well with his gross and fine motor skills, that he was still lagging behind.  Well I am happy to report that my almost 22 month old son scored at a 22 month old level for gross motor skills and at 31 months for fine motor skills!!!

When we first started physical therapy when he was around 6 months old, he was about 3 months behind.  He was rolling over but was still very wobbly with his head control and was not even close to sitting unassisted.  But today, my active son runs and climbs all day long and has caught up with his peers.  I am so proud of him!

He will continue his physical therapy twice a month until his annual review in August.  His therapist wants to see him kicking a ball better, going up and down stairs well and jumping before she releases him. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article, I've been trying to rehab my leg after breaking it while playing football. My therapist uses some kind of physical therapy documentation software which tracks my progress and makes sure that I am rehabbing the most efficient way. It seems like it is a huge help in planing out routines.

    ReplyDelete