Friday, July 20, 2012

Counting Down!

There are a number of reasons that I am counting down the five days until Logan's surgery.  I am anxious to get this procedure over with and stop worrying about it. And of course, I can't wait to start this new chapter in his life.

However, another unexpected reason I am counting down is that I just can't wait to be done with these hearing aids! Yes, I know the cochlear implants will be a whole new set of headaches, but I am so done losing pieces of these hearing aids.

I hosted an in house playdate for the toddler playgroup I am a member of this morning. We had 11 toddlers, 3 infants, and of course, their moms here this morning.  It was a blast as usual.  But once everyone was gone for about 20 minutes, I noticed that Logan's processor from his left hearing aid was missing. The earhook and earmold were still there, so the processor managed to get unscrewed from the rest of it. I had to tear up the playroom again looking for it, but came up empty. I checked downstairs, in his hamper, and upstairs again and couldn't find it.

During all this, I was battling with Jasmine to stay in her room and take her nap. When I finally got her to stay in her room, I went back downstairs and started crawling on the floor everywhere Logan had been.  Unbelievably, I found it in the middle of the living room floor.  I was so relieved! The whole time I was looking for it I kept thinking I can't believe we made it this far without having to pay the deductible for a lost hearing aid and here we are, less than a week before surgery, and we've finally lost one.

I am so glad I found it and I am so ready to turn them back in to Sunshine Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment