Thursday, June 6, 2013

Feeling Honored

Today Andrew and I attended the annual end of the year dinner that is put on by the Sunshine Cottage Parent Infant Program staff for the parents of children enrolled in the birth to three program.  It was great to see some of the friends we've made there and chat. It's funny, but this is one of the few places that I feel like a social butterfly (which is a weird feeling since I am really a very shy and reserved person). And it is one of the few places where I really have a hard time figuring out where to sit since there are so many people to catch up with.

As some of you know, since the time that Logan was diagnosed I have tried to find ways to contribute to parents and children at Sunshine Cottage and really any parents and / or children with hearing loss.  In a way, it has become a mission for me.  Because of this, last year I started a meetup group for children with hearing loss and have done what I can to do fundraising for Sunshine Cottage and other organizations for people with hearing loss.

Today at the dinner I was completely honored and humbled by the beautiful gesture of recognition from the Sunshine Cottage staff.  They presented me with a plaque and a beautiful picture of a heart that was drawn by a 9 year old student at the school.  She even called the piece "Becky's Caring Heart."  How beautiful and thoughtful is that?!  I am overcome with emotion and joy and I only wish I could do more!




1 comment:

  1. What an honor for you! I am SO thankful you are part of our family. You are a blessing to us and what started out as scary, challenging, and not something you would have chosen has turned into a great adventure that has strengthened you and made you a wonderful example and source of strength for others. Keep up the good work, Becky dear.

    ReplyDelete